25-28 March 2013 Birmingham
Made your first short film and have ideas for a feature, but no finance?
First Light is looking for young filmmakers, or teams of young people to take part in a course which will help them find funding for their films. We have partnered with the Flatpack Festival and Creative Skillset to run a film financing course for young people during March which will provide all the tools needed to help get film projects off the ground.
The 4 day residential course will provide an insight into how to go about finding finance for film projects and also offers fantastic networking opportunities. Taught by experienced filmmakers, trainees will access practical workshops, talks and screenings. The course will:
• Develop knowledge concerning the different models of film financing
• Understand the link between finance and distribution
• Find out about new and innovative funding models
• Learn how to make use of digital technologies to identify audiences and raise funds pre and post production
• Improve skills in writing finance proposals and pitching documents
This opportunity is targeted towards 18-25 year olds.
Find out more and download an application form from the website: http://bit.ly/ULXg2Y Deadline for applications is 8th Feb.